Damp / Moldy Basement
Basement Mold is Always a Problem and Never Fun. We Can Help.
The atmosphere in a basement is different than any other room in your home. Basements are usually subterranean, so they are naturally prone to being damp, humid, and moist. This creates a breeding ground for mold and mildew, also causing unpleasant odors. Reducing the humidity is a huge part of the solution, as mold will not grow at less than 50% relative humidity. Dehumidification and perimeter waterproofing systems are important in solving your damp/moldy basement problems.
Excessive moisture on nearly all indoor materials can lead to harmful things. The growth of microbes is caused by this, including mold, fungi, and bacteria. They subsequently emit spores, cells, fragments, and other harmful organic compounds into the air in your home. Moreover, dampness initiates chemical and biological degradation of materials in the home, which pollutes indoor air. These hazards have been suggested, and are a strong and consistent indicator of risk for asthma and other respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, wheeze). The health risks of biological contaminants in the air in your home could thus be addressed by considering the level of dampness equal to the level of risk. We have several products to remedy the situation, and no matter what type of moisture builds up in your basement, Tri-State Basement Repair, LLC has the equipment to take care of it.